The Barnabas Partnership – 2009 – present
Coaching and consulting that provides innovative services to congregations in staff support and vision for it’s future .
First Baptist Church, Mebane, North Carolina – 2002 – 2009
Associate Pastor / Minister of Education
Responsible in coordinating the education ministry of a growing small town/bedroom community church that averaged 250 people in Sunday morning Bible study. Annual church budget over $750,000.
- Reorganized education space for maximum use of facilities due to increased attendance and demand. Instrumental in raising over $75,000 to help improve the facilities in the first two years.
- Developed an ongoing support and training system for Sunday School leaders.
- Developed a beneficial outreach tool for church guests using Sunday School classes as a tool.
- Led the church office staff to update computer software to better enhance church educational and other related ministries.
- Led in reformatting the functions and goals of the church committees/teams to better communicate and accomplish the various ministries of the church family.
- Supervised weekday childcare director and maintenance staff.
First Baptist Church, High Point, North Carolina – 1998 – 2002
Minister of Adult and Childhood Education
Responsible for coordinating both the educational needs of adult and children in a downtown church with an average of 275-300 people in Sunday morning Bible study and a total church budget over $750,000. This ministry position also had a high priority in mission outreach to its community.
- Opened doors of better communication in educational matters with the church’s Vietnamese mission. Coordinated an innovative summer Bible study for over 100 Vietnamese children at their 2001 National Vietnamese Baptist Fellowship held at the church.
- Supervised three summer children’s interns with great results in children’s programs.
- Introduced a successful format of adult discipleship on Sunday morning.
- Developed an effective in-house benevolent network with other downtown churches and social agencies for inner-city needs within the community.
First Baptist Church, Shelby, North Carolina – 1993 – 1998
Minister of Education
Responsible for coordinating the education ministry of a small town church that averaged 600-650 people in Sunday morning Bible study with a total church budget (including weekday program) over $1,000,000.
- Reactivated the Education Committee to address future needs in church education.
- Mentored college and divinity school students going into ministry.
- Developed communication avenues and support networks to church’s deaf ministry.
- Began cost cutting measures as well as upgrades to office computer system and software.
Central Baptist Church, Lawrenceville, Georgia – 1987 – 1993
Minister of Education/Youth 1987-1990
Minister of Education 1990-1993
Responsible for coordinating the education and youth ministries of a suburban church that averaged 250-300 people in Sunday morning Bible study with an overall church budget of $400,000.
- Initiated an effective discipleship ministry. Over 100 members were involved in small groups.
- Organized a balanced, healthy, and growing youth ministry.
- Supervised the weekday preschool director and maintenance staff.
Alamance Community College, Graham, North Carolina – 2004 – Present
Gardner-Webb University, Boiling Springs, North Carolina – 1995 – 1996
Member, Board of Ministers
Gardner-Webb University, Boiling Springs, North Carolina – 2011 – Present
Campbell University, Buies Creek, North Carolina – 2007 – Present
Red Cross Platelet Donor – 2004 – Present
Church of the Community (local Hispanic mission)
Member, Leadership Council – 2005 – 2009
Chair, Leadership Council – 2008
Area Peer Learning Group
Member – 2003 – Present
Treasurer – 2007 – 2008
Convener – 2004 – 2007
Christian Educators of North Carolina
President-Elect, President, Past President – 2004 – 2007
Chair, Network Task Force – 1995 – 1997
Member – 1993 – 2007
North Carolina Baptist State Convention
Bible Study/Church Administration Team
Specialist, Adult Regional and State Sunday School Conference Leader – 1994 – Present
North Carolina Biblical Recorder
Smyth and Helwys Formation Sunday School Lesson Commentaries – January-April 2002
Baptist Association ASSIST/ACTeam/Sunday School Director – 1991 – 1997
Shelby, North Carolina